Job No 2401
ESIA Expert – Infrastructure Projects (w/m/d)
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the client’s staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
To strengthen our project teams in Braunschweig, we are looking for an Environmental and Social Expert, interested to undertake short- and medium-term assignments abroad.
- University degree (e.g., Dipl., M.Sc. M.Eng., B.Sc., B.Eng.) in Environmental Engineering / Environmental Sciences / Social Sciences or similar.
- At least 5 years of experience in the preparation of ESMFs, ESIAs, ESMPs and/or other environmental studies as well as in monitoring of Works Contractors’ compliance during construction with environmental and social specifications/requirements in internationally financed development cooperation projects.
- Substantial knowledge in international environmental policies, sustainable development guidelines and environmental performance standards of donor agencies and proven experience in the application of the Sustainability Guidelines of KfW Development Bank, the World Bank Environmental and Social Safeguards or similar.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English. Additional language proficiency is advantageous.
- Work experience in the field of climate and environment risk assessments is an asset.
- Willingness to undertake short- and medium-term assignments abroad.
- Preparation, monitoring and evaluation of ESMFs, ESIAs, ESMPs, Stakeholder Engagement Plans, Grievance Mechanisms and RAPs with the support of our national/international project teams.
- Quality management and backstopping in the ESIA discipline.
- Collaboration with clients, works contractors, government agencies and local authorities.
- Guidance, coordination and supervision of multidisciplinary teams.
- A permanent position at our corporate headquarters in Braunschweig, Germany, with flexible work time policies.
- After successful onboarding, we provide the option to work remotely for up to 3 days per week or three weeks per month.
- Interesting management tasks in an international working environment.
- Projects that create value for a more sustainable global society by respecting the environment.
- Permanent full-time employment with attractive compensation in a dynamic and progressive company.
- Multiple internal and external training opportunities.
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including your salary expectations, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job reference “Application for: „ESIA Expert (w/m/d) – No.2401“ in the subject line.
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH
D - 38106 Braunschweig