Job No 2305
International Chief Technical Advisor for National Park Infrastructure
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients‘ staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
CES is looking for an experienced International Chief Technical Advisor (f/m/d) for its ongoing project “Sustainable Development of Protected Area Ecosystems (Component 2), Tanzania”
The KfW-financed project in Western Tanzania concerns the sustainable conservation of the Katavi-Mahale Ecosystems and the Katavi-Mahale Corridor and the purpose is to effectively protect and manage the natural resources of the Katavi and Mahale Mountains National Parks as well as the Katavi-Mahale Wildlife Corridor. The Wildlife Corridor is located in three Districts namely Tanganyika and Mpanda of Katavi region and Uvinza of Kigoma region. The key role of the Implementation Consultant is to support the Project Management Team during the implementation of the Project, mainly dealing with financial management, procurement and infrastructure development including design and supervision.
- Overall responsibility for project.
- Financial management in particular the disposition fund
- Assistance in procurement, contracting, contract and claims management
- Management of the multidisciplinary Consulting Team, reporting and representation of the Consultant
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate university degree in civil engineering or a similar field
- At least 10 years of practical international work experience in the sector, preferably in various African countries with similar socio-economic conditions to Tanzania
- Work experience as Team Leader / Chief Technical Advisor in similar long-term assignments
- Proven background in management and financial administration of donor-funded development projects
- Proven track record in project management and ESHS safeguards implementation at the interface between natural resource management and infrastructure development
- Experience in developing and implementing O&M capacity for infrastructure and equipment within employers’ organisations
- Specific knowledge of German Financial Cooperation (management procedures, reporting, etc.)
- Previous work experience in national parks in East Africa is a clear asset
- Proficiency in the English language
Interested applicants are required to send a complete CV (English, EU standard) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job reference “Application for: International Chief Technical Advisor for National Park Infrastructure, Tanzania No. 2305” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH
D - 38106 Braunschweig