Job No 2026
International Team Leader, Water Supply & Sanitation, Tanzania (f/m/d)
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients‘ staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
For an upcoming project, we are looking for an experienced
International Team Leader for an Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project in Tanzania (f/m/d)
Phase 2 of the Urban Water and Sanitation Programme aims at improving access to water and sanitation services in four towns/Regional Centres by means of investment measures in rehabilitation and extension of water supply and sanitation systems. Moreover, capacity development measures for the project towns shall be provided to improve the performance of the service providers.
The International Team Leader will be responsible for the coordination and/or execution of the following activities:
- Project mobilisation and management of the Inception Phase.
- Review and revision of existing detailed design and tender documents.
- Identification of additional measures at feasibility level, leak detection and O&M issues.
- Preparation of the detailed design for additional measures of Phase 2 and preparation of tender documents.
- Supervision of works, hygiene campaign and sanitation marketing, monitoring of results.
- Capacity development measures
- Environmental and Social issues (ESIA, ESMP, OHS)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrated Team Leader experience (minimum 15 years) in water supply and sanitation related projects.
- Working knowledge of KfW standards.
- Profound experience in leading a team composed of international and local experts.
- Relevant regional working experience in East Africa (preferably Tanzania).
- Excellent communication skills required for high level engagement with government ministries.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
Interested applicants are required to send a complete CV (English, EU standard) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job reference
“Application for: International Team Leader, Tanzania (f/m/d) No. 2026”
in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.