Job No 2316
International Team Leader – Uganda North
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with global experience, headquartered in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions for intricate multidisciplinary engineering challenges in the field of civil engineering and related sectors. The company provides services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost control, along with staff training for clients, advisory support in the operation and maintenance of facilities, and assistance in organizing and strengthening public authorities and institutions. CES primarily engages in development cooperation, focusing on infrastructure projects for national high-profile clients such as ministries and line authorities, funded by international donors.
CES is looking for a skilled international Team Leader (m/w/d) with profound expertise in administering investment funds and ensuring technical compliance during investment implementation for an ongoing project in Northern Uganda..
PROJECT AND JOB DESCRIPTION
As part of the ongoing project, there’s a significant focus on enhancing the living conditions of Refugee Hosting Communities situated in Northern Uganda. These communities consist of both Rural Growth Centers (RGC) and Small Towns (ST), each inhabited by a population ranging from 1,500 to 35,000 residents. In the current project phase, which benefits from 15 million EUR in financing from the German Cooperation through KfW, eleven hosting communities are receiving access to clean and safe drinking water. This vital investment is being meticulously overseen by an International Management Consultant who is guiding the entire implementation process.
The task of the International Management Consultant is transparently administering the Program’s funds, mitigating fiduciary risks, and conducting financial and technical oversight. Besides fund administration, one of the main responsibilities is to oversee the preparation of Studies, Designs, and Tender Documents, which are created by local consulting firms, among other tasks.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- University Degree in civil, mechanical, sanitary, hydrogeological or environmental engineering
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience
- Very good program management skills well acquainted with donor fund management procedures
- Profound experience in Development Cooperation projects
- Good communicator and excellent English skills
- Comprehensive experience in the implementation of technical and financial control mechanisms including checking and approval of designs on behalf of KfW as well as the confirmation of disbursement requests by the employer towards KfW
- Working experience in Sub-Sahara Africa, preferably East Africa
- Capable and adaptable to work and live within remote areas
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary local and international teams
Interested applicants are required to send a complete CV (English, WB standard) and a cover letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the job reference
“Application for: International Team Leader (m/w/d) – Northern Uganda – No. 2316”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH
D - 38106 Braunschweig