Job No 2021
International Team Leader, TVET, Somalia (f/m/d)
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients‘ staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
For the upcoming project, we are looking for an experienced
International Team Leader for a Construction Project (TVET Facilities) (f/m/d)
- The project aims at creating a network of “TVET+ service hubs” in Somalia. The core of the network will be the Professor Adow training centre in Galkayo (managed by the NGO Gurmad for Sustainable Aid (GSA)), which will be expanded into a full TVET+ service hub – Phase 1 of the Project
- In addition, the model will be copied to further sites in a step-by-step approach. Within the project period of 6 years, Jowhar and Baidoa are targeted for the expansion of the network (the selection of the sites is subject to final approval by the Government of Somalia) – Phase 2 of the Project (optional)
Phase I shall comprise the implementation in Galkayo in year 1 and 2. Phase II shall include the implementation in Jowhar and Baidoa in years 3-6 (optional).
The International Team Leader will be responsible for the following fields of activities:
- Competence Field I: Design and construction of TVET infrastructure, civil engineering
- Competence Field II: Design and implementation of TVET programs
- Competence Field III: Procurement
- Competence Field IV: Financial Expertise / Accounting, incl. Management of KfW Disposition Fund
- Competence Field V: Environmental, Social, Health and Safety issues
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in civil engineering, architecture or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for high level engagement with government ministries, departments and agencies, school management and teaching staff, private sector representatives, development partners and a wide range of TVET stakeholders particularly in post-conflict countries and / or fragile states
- Proficiency in writing and presentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively to diverse audience.
- Demonstrated working experience (minimum 10 years) in construction-related projects (preferably public buildings, schools or alike) or in the education / TVET system
- Working knowledge of FIDIC (Pink Book/ Yellow Book, etc.) conditions of contracts and KfW standards, incl. ESHS aspects.
- Experience in management of KfW Disposition Fund.
- Profound experience in leading (remotely) of a team composed of international and local experts
- Experience in quality control in the different areas of the envisaged consultancy services
- Relevant working experience particularly in Somalia and the countries of Horn of Africa and East Africa.
- Excellent command of oral and written English
Interested applicants are required to send a complete CV (English, EU standard) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job reference
“Application for: International Team Leader, Somalia No. 2021” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.