Job No 2308
International / National Resident Engineer (Transmission Mains)
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients‘ staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
CES is looking for an experienced international/ national Resident Engineer (f/m/d) for an upcoming project: “Design Review and Construction Supervision for Works within the Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project Phase II”
PROJECT AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project Phase II (LLWDP-II) was initiated by the GoL in 2015. The LLWDP-II will focus on several key objectives, which include:
- Revising the detailed designs completed during the first phase of LLWSS to a revised design horizon of 2045 – the original designs and procurement documents were completed in 2018;
- The implementation of infrastructure works to improve access to and management of water and sanitation services;
- Augmenting the available water supply by reducing non-revenue water and refurbishing existing networks and boreholes; and
- Increasing the capacity of the service providers and associated organizations to plan, operate and maintain the water supply infrastructure.
Package 4 of the LLWDP Phase II (which is the subject of this Proposal) includes water treatment, pumping, storage,
transmission, and distribution to Zones 6 (Mafeteng) and 7 (Mohale’s Hoek). Package 4 is funded by the EU and EIB.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a B. Sc. degree in Civil/Environmental/Mechanical Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Minimum of 15 years’ professional experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the construction supervision and contract management of water and/or sanitation projects.
- At least 2 successfully implemented similar projects for including supervision of construction of bulk transmission systems as FIDIC Engineer/Resident Engineer. Similar projects must include reinforced concrete reservoirs (minimum 2), pump stations (minimum 2), over 30 km of pipelines, and over 5 km of large diameter pipelines (350 mm and above).
- Experience in the sub-Saharan Africa water/wastewater sector would be an advantage.
Interested applicants are required to send a complete CV (English, EU standard) and a cover letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the job reference
“Application for: International / National Resident Engineer (Transm. Mains), Lesotho – No. 2308”
in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH
D - 38106 Braunschweig