Job No 2024
International Team Leader Wastewater, East Africa (f/m/d)
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients‘ staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
For an upcoming project, we are looking for an experienced
International Team Leader for a Waste Water Management Project in East Africa (f/m/d)
The Project aims at the improvement of waste water management and (to a smaller extent) water supply. The purpose of the project is a contribution to the protection of the biodiversity in the project area. This is to contribute to the sustainable and equitable use of clean water and basic sanitation facilities by the population and to the protection of water resources.
The International Team Leader will be responsible for the coordination and/or execution of the following activities:
- Construction planning and construction supervision for the rehabilitation and expansion of sewer networks.
- Repair of leakages and partly rehabilitation of water supply networks.
- Rehabilitation, expansion and upgrading of wastewater treatment plants.
- Preparation of an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Plan (ESIA) and updating of existing Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP), Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMP) and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP).
- Capacity Development of Water Utilities related to the sustainable operation and maintenance of the newly constructed water and waste water infrastructure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrated Team Leader experience (minimum 15 years) in water sanitation projects.
- Profound experience in FIDIC and KfW standards.
- Highly experienced in execution of KFW funded projects.
- Profound experience in leading a team composed of international and local experts.
- Relevant regional working experience in East Africa of at least 5 years in Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
Interested applicants are required to send a complete CV (English, EU standard) and a cover letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the job reference
“Application for: International Team Leader Wastewater, East Africa (f/m/d) No. 2024”
in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.