Job No 2111
International Team Leader, Dam Design and Construction, Grenada (f/m/d)
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients‘ staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
The Government of Grenada, in partnership with the German Development Corporation (GIZ), is implementing the project “Climate-Resilient Water Sector in Grenada (G-CREWS)”. The project’s holistic approach addresses two main climate risks and vulnerabilities of Grenada: freshwater availability and disaster preparedness. The project will contribute to the achievement of Climate-Resilient Water Supply Systems. One of the project’s identified measures is the construction of a medium sized dam to improve the water resources yield for the South-east of the island. A study recommends that a new dam should be raised approximately 10 to 20 meters downstream of the existing dam and that the new dam may have a volume of 15.000 m3 and a height of 15 m.
- Feasibility and preliminary design of a 15m high dam
- Detailed design of a new dam and correlated civil works
- Elaboration of tender documents for the construction of the dam and treatment plant extension
- Supervision of the construction of dams
- Development of an operation plan for the reservoirs and a management plan of the catchment area.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- in Civil Engineering
- 20 years of cumulative experience related to dam construction and design
- 10 years of specific experience in managing consultancy teams working on feasibility studies and detailed engineering design in at least two dam projects of similar size and complexity
- Experienced in the tropical context, preferably in projects in the Caribbean
- Very good command of English (verbal and written).
Interested applicants are required to send a complete CV (English, EU standard) and a cover letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the job reference
“Application for: Team Leader GRD, No. 2111”
in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.