Job No 2209
Hydraulic / Geotechnical Engineer – Senior level, Germany
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of clients‘ staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
To strengthen our hydraulic engineering division in Braunschweig, Germany, we are looking for a
Senior hydraulic/geotechnical Engineer (f/m/d)
- A Master’s degree in civil engineering, preferably in hydraulic/geotechnical engineering
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Significant interest and commitment in intercultural settings and working environments
- Knowledge of hydraulic/geotechnical engineering design like dams, flood protection, irrigation, etc.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Accountability for assigned work within a multi discipline team
- Proficiency in English, knowledge of French and German is an asset
- Proficient with CAD applications (such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D.)
- Specific knowledge of hydraulic and geotechnical modeling.
- Good command of Microsoft Office suite apps (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge in GIS applications and/or Microsoft Power BI is an asset
- Readiness to travel worldwide for short and midterm assignments abroad
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the project director and team in the Hydraulic Engineering Division
- Cooperate in the solution finding and implementation of project-relevant tasks
- Create, adjust and review preliminary and final designs
- Elaborate, revise and correct technical documents
- Assistance in monitoring work progress within multidiscipline and intercultural teams
- Support field teams in project countries in specific project planning and implementation of relevant tasks
WHAT WE OFFER
- Access to the field of international development cooperation
- Opportunity to develop into the company’s management team
- International development projects, which are sustainable in their impact on the environment and the society
- Active involvement in the implementation and management of construction projects of hydraulic engineering infrastructures in Braunschweig headquarter and in different project field offices
- Working in international teams
- Attractive national and international career perspectives in an international consulting firm
- An excellent working atmosphere and the possibility to work autonomously
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- A family friendly environment with flexible working time arrangements
Interested applicants are required to send a complete CV (English, EU standard) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job reference
“Senior hydraulic/geotechnical Engineer – No. 2209” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.