Job No 2102
International Financial / Cost Control Expert (f/m/d)
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients‘ staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
For an upcoming project, we are looking for an experienced
Financial / Cost Control Expert (f/m/d)
The Kitchener Drain is one of the highest polluted drains in the Delta region, collecting domestic wastewater (insufficiently treated and untreated) from numerous villages within the three governorates and industrial wastewater discharged from industrial activities, as well as municipal solid waste disposed of along the banks of drains. The population in the project area is mostly rural and totals about 6 million capita of which nearly half (46%) does not currently have access to sewerage services. Currently, a large part of the polluted water from the Kitchener Drain is used for irrigation purposes, causing environmental and health problems and severely damaging the agricultural economy of the area.
The project covers the management of construction/expansion/rehabilitation of 30 WWTPs and central wastewater collection systems in the governorates of Dakahlia, Gharbia and Kafr El-Sheikh.
The Financial / Cost Control Expert will be responsible for the coordination and/or execution of the following activities:
- Responsible for assessment of phasing of the investment programme, monitoring of cash flow / disbursement needs under the project,
- monitoring of project costs throughout implementation all in close coordination with MHUUC/PMU, the implementing entities and EIB..
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in finance, economics or business administration (or equivalent);
- Very good knowledge of English, ;
- Knowledge of Arabic would be considered a strong asset
- 15 years total working experience,
- Good knowledge of the utilities sector
- 10 years’ experience in the utilities sector;
- 5 years’ experience in the water/wastewater sector;
- Substantial experience in monitoring financial aspects of major construction / infrastructure projects;
- Previous experience in the Middle East / North Africa region
Interested applicants are required to send a complete CV (English, EU standard) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job reference:
“Application for: International Financial / Cost Control Expert, Egypt (f/m/d) No. 2102”
in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.