Job No 2202
Head of Regional Support Team Southern Albania
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients‘ staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
We are looking for an experienced international NRW Reduction Expert for the position “Head of Regional Support Team” (f/m/d) for an upcoming programme in Albania
The Water Sector Performance and Investment Programme (WPIP)/ Municipal Infrastructure Programme V (MIP V) is the united response of the donor community in the water sector to the demands of the Albanian Government (GoA) and needs of the population and the private sector.
The water sector is characterized by limited planning and programming capacity and low cost recovery resulting in an overall low level of investment in water supply and wastewater collection and treatment systems.
At the utility level, capacity is low in terms of technical skills and qualified personnel especially in overall management, system operation and maintenance and sustainable asset management.
To address these issues, an Institutional Consultant will be engaged for a period of 60 months to improve the technical and operational performance and to enhance the sustainability of selected water utilities in northern Albania (Shkodra and Lezha), central Albania (Kamza, Elbasan & Berat-Kuçova) and southern Albania (Fier and Vlora).
- International NRW Reduction Expert as Head of the Regional Support Team, providing technical advisory services to the Project Executing Agency
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in civil engineering, business administration or comparable fields;
- General computer skills (MS Office software) and specific relevant software experience (e.g. databases, enterprise resource management software, Arcgis, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- 7 years of professional experience in the sector of water utilities, of which at least 3 years international experience
- Water sector experience in Albania is an advantage
- Project management of 3 projects of similar nature
- Sound experience in sector performance monitoring, project monitoring and reporting
- Experience with technical and commercial NRW reduction including information management (water balances in DMAs, SCADA systems) and monitoring of WWTPs according to EU directives
Interested applicants are required to send a complete CV (English, EU standard) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job reference
“Application for: Head of Regional Support Team Southern Albania – No. 2202” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.